You can really serve roasted potatoes with any dish! I served these with the lemony lemon baked chicken dish – recipe in former post below. The ticket is not overly salting them (which is hard for me to say since I pretty much have a salt shaker in my hand at any given time).
So, just like anything else, make sure you do everything in moderation and add as you go. You can always add, but you can’t take away…that’s hwat I always try to remind myself.
Serving Size: 2 People
1.5 pounds small red or white potatoes
1/8 cup good olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoons minced garlic – roughly 3 cloves
1 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon rosemary and/or thyme (optional)
1/4 cup Parmesan (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic
3. Cut the baby potatoes in half and place in the bowl of seasoning, tossing until the potatoes are well coated.
4. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and spread out into one layer. You don’t need to line the sheet since the potatoes are tossed in olive oil.
5. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until browned and crisp. Flip potatoes once or twice throughout cooking for even roasting.
6. Remove from oven, season with extra salt and pepper if desired and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan, if desired.