This lemon chicken dish is divine! I owe it all to my girl Ina Garten (one of my favorite chefs on Food Network) for introducing me to this dish and letting me put my own spins on it to make it my own.
Although not healthy with the amount of oil it yields, it is still a great option to serve for family meals, company, or just a romantic dinner for four people (or two people with leftovers).
Serves: 4 People
1/4 cup good olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic – or 8 cloves
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest – 2 lemons
2 tablespoons lemon juice – you can use the 2 lemons that you zested or just use bottled
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper ( I used lemon pepper for a stronger lemon flavor)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to the same thickness
1 lemon for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
3. Warm the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the garlic, and cook for just 1 minute or until aromatic.
4. Remove pan from the heat, and add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, basil, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt
5. Place seasoned chicken breast into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish and top with sauce.
6. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and place around the chicken in the pan
7. Bake for 25 to 40 minutes, or until just about done and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees – when letting it rest, the temperature will still rise.
8. Since chicken is skinless, to crisp up a bit, place on high under broiler for 2-5 minutes or until desired crispness.
9. Remove chicken from oven and wrap the pan tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with salt and serve hot with the pan juices.
I made roasted potatoes and green beans to accompany this dish, but with the deliciously citrusy sauce, you could easily serve over noodles (egg noodles would be a fantastic choice). And lastly, a glass of white wine would love to attend dinner for this number!