4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 and 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger divided (or use 1/2 tablespoon of grated ginger)
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2-3 cloves garlic minced
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1 – 2 scallions (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon Cornstarch (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic powder (just lightly to flavor the chicken) and add the chicken breasts to your cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, remaining ginger, red pepper flakes, minced garlic and pepper. Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Once done cooking, remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, pour sauce into a large frying pan and bring to a boil on medium high until it starts to thicken up.
- Add tablespoon of cornstarch slurry if needed (1 tablespoon water to 1 tablespoon cornstarch)
** I didn’t thicken the sauce – instead I added the shredded chicken into the pan with the boiling sauce to help the chicken absorb it for better flavor. I also added a dash of a sesame garlic jarred glaze!**
8. Serve over rice and garnish with scallions and/or sesame seeds