Wow – by far my FAVORITE recipe for Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash and I will plan on making this again sometime VERY soon. My friend Monica helped make this delicious feast, and I can’t wait to make something else together :). It’s a recipe made to serve 4-6 people, but let’s be honest….we ate the whole thing on our own in one sitting!
1 spaghetti squash
1-2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1-2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded cabbage (I bought cole slaw mix)
1.4 cups Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (or more if you’d like)
1 Splash Tabasco Sauce for some heat (if desired)
1-2 oz Blue Cheese (if desired – I didn’t use this)
Pinch of Red Hot Pepper Flakes for some more heat (if desired)
1. Poke your spaghetti squash a few times with a fork or knife. Microwave 10-15 minutes or until tender.
2. In the meantime, cut up your chicken and toss in onion and garlic powder. Next slice the scallions and divide into two piles
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet or pot (I used a 12″ cast iron skillet). Add chicken and 1 pile green onions, cook until chicken is cooked through (about 5 or 6 minutes). Halfway through cooking, add 1/4 cup of Buffalo Sauce.
5. Add remaining Buffalo sauce, cabbage and carrots and toss to combine and turn burner on low heat
6. Remove spaghetti squash from the microwave. Once it’s cool enough to handle, slice in half, remove the seed and discard, the fluff the spaghetti squash with a fork to get the strands loose.
7. Plate spaghetti squash and top with chicken mixture. OR, you can add the spaghetti squash to the pan and toss then plate!