I can’t believe I stopped eating red meat all throughout high school- boy was I missing out. I thought I was going to give it up forever, until a boyfriend I was seeing invited me to dinner and regretted to inform his dad that I didn’t eat red meat. We sit down and there’s a whole pile of steak….I just met his father for the first time, I couldn’t insult who I thought would be my future father in law (HA!). So, I scarfed it down, and as soon as that red juicy steak hit my lips, I never turned back.
Steak is just one of those things you don’t have to do much to, but on that occasion you want to have some really delicious flavorful steak, look no further. This marinade was absolutely amazing, and I just wish I marinaded it for a full day, because I’m sure it would’ve been ever better. Even the hubby enjoyed it, and we all know my track record with my cooking ;).
Compliment this 2 serving dish with a yummy baked potato and asparagus seasoned with garlic salt, red pepper flakes, and Montreal steak seasoning, then top the steak with some grilled onions and peppers and you have yourself a meal that will have you asking for Ma….Ma…..Ma…..More.
1.5 lb NY Strip or (2) 1/2 lb rib-eye steaks
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch cracked pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, cracked pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and cayenne pepper
- Season the steak with the salt and the Montreal steak seasoning
- Place steaks in the bowl with the marinade
- Turn the steak to coat in the marinade, and poke holes with a knife so the steak absorbs it better. (Feel free to stuff some of the minced garlic into the steak too)
- Marinate for 1-2 days (I only did 5 hours, and it was still yummy!)
- Preheat grill for medium-high to high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill steaks 7 minutes per side, or until desired temperature